browsers and other clients are not trusting nur secure websites you are getting the following nasty messages when your browser attempts to connect to untrusted websites:
"This Connection is Untrusted ...."
Your computer/browser doesn't trust NUR websites and Email Server
how to download nur root certificate so that your browsers or other clients trust nur secure websites and other resources?
Your computer/browser doesn't trust UR websites and Email Servers
To make your computer and softwareTRUSTUR websites and servers and you have a secure channel from your computer to the servers and services at UR you need this certificate installed. After that your computer and software will communicate from and to UR with high grade encryption so the data you send and receive can't be eavesdropped by network sniffers.
The NUR and UR root certificate can be downloaded via (PLEASE INSTALL BOTH) http://webldap.ur.ac.rw/nur-root-ca.crt The UR root certificate can be downloaded via http://webldap.ur.ac.rw/ur-root-ca.crt you will get a pop-up window asking to save or open a file named nur-root-ca.crt or ur-root-ca.crt select the save option to save it in your computer then follow the instructions below for some (not all) client software:
FOR GOOGLE CHROME / INTERNET EXPLORER (IE) / OPERA
1. Download the UR Root certificate from http://webldap.ur.ac.rw/ur-root-ca.crt either by clicking the link or copy and paste the link.
2. Double click the downloaded file to open
3. Click INSTALL CERTIFICATE
4. A new window will open and click NEXT
5. select place all certificates in the following store
6. Click BROWSE and select "Trusted Root Certification Authorities"
7. click OK then FINISH
8. Restart the Webbrowser.
FOR FIREFOX 1. Download the UR Root certificate from http://webldap.ur.ac.rw/ur-root-ca.crt either by clicking the link or copy and paste the link.
2. A new window will open "DOWNLOADING CERTIFICATE"
3. Select "Trust this CA to identify Websites" and "Trust this CA to identify email users"
4. Click "OK"
5. Refresh your Browser.